What insurance do I need?

Community Interest Insurance

Every business is different, so your business insurance policy should be tailored to meet the demands of your industry.

Unfortunately having a community interest company or Social enterprise does not exempt you from having Insurance. it won’t stop people from pointing a finger at you if things go wrong.

We understand that CIC Insurance can be confusing. And that you do not have time to waste looking for specialist CIC Insurance.

At KG Accountants, We can put you in touch with a CIC/Social Enterprise Insurance specialist to make sure you have adequate cover.

Public liability insurance

This basically covers you for the cost of a claim made by a member of the general Public that has suffered injury or property damage as a result of your business or one of the products it has supplied. For example for a bee keeper, a person might be stung close to your beehive.

You can always Check to see if your insurer is authorised by looking at the Financial Conduct Authority register or contact the Financial Conduct Authority.

You may want to use an insurance broker to help you buy EL.

Employers’ liability insurance

If you employ Volunteers/Staff in your CIC, you need to have cover in case someone is Injured or becomes ill because of the work that you do.

You can be fined up to £2,500 everyday you’re not properly insured

You can also be fined £1,000 if you do not display your EL certificate or refuse to make it available to inspectors when they ask.

Trustees’ insurance

This covers important security for trustees and directors who bear legal responsibilities for the social enterprise activities. Often this is overlooked and neglected.

If for example there is a claim of wrongdoing, they can be held financially liable. Trustees’ insurance pays for expert legal representation and also covers civil fines and compensation. Very Vital to have for Social Enterprises, CIC and Charities.

Cyber and data insurance

When running your community interest company, keeping data secure matters – your own information and anything that your clients trust you with. It also covers the cost of repairing and restoring your systems, data and website following a breach or a hack.

Call Us Today to point you in the right direction.

With unrivalled knowledge and experience, Our specialist Social enterprise team is focused on making sure every angle is covered when it comes to Insurance, allowing you to concentrate on running your CIC!

Arrange a FREE initial consultation.

Tel: 0207 953 8913

How we can help

Confused about which Insurance to take out, Call us today on Tel: 0207 953 8913 or complete our enquiry form in order to book a FREE initial consultation

If you would like more information or would like to ask us a question then call us on 0207 953 8913 To ask us a question online click here.